Phytophthora publications associated with the WPC (2006-2017)
- Kang S, Blair JE, Geiser DM, Khang C, Park S, Gahegan M, O’Donnell K, Luster DG, Ivors KI, Kim SH, Lee Y, Lee Y, Grünwald NJ, Martin FM, Coffey MD, Veeraraghavan N, Makalowska 2006. Plant pathogen culture collections: It takes a village to preserve these resources vital to the advancement of agricultural security and plant pathology. Phytopathology 96: 920-925
- Jaime E. Blair, Michael D. Coffey, Sook-Young Park, David M. Geiser, and Seogchan Kang. A multi-locus phylogeny for Phytophthora utilizing markers from complete genome sequences. Fungal Genetics and Biology 45: 266-277.
- Abad, GZ, Abad, JA, Coffey, MD, Oudemans, PV, Man in ’t Veld, WA, de Gruyter, H,n, J. and Louws, F.J. 2008. Phytophthora bisheria nov., a new species identified in isolates from the Rosaceous raspberry, rose and strawberry in three continents. Mycologia 100: 99-110.
- Martin, FN, Coffey, MD, Zeller, K., Hamelin, R.C., Tooley, P., Garbelotto, M, Hughes, K. J. D., Kubisiak, T. Bilodeau, G.J., Levy, L., Blomquist, C. and Berger, P.H. Evaluation of molecular markers for Phytophthora ramorum detection and identification: testing for specificity using a standardized library of isolates. Phytopathology 99: 390-403
- Hyder, N, Coffey, MD, and Stanghellini, ME. Viability of oomycete propagules following ingestion and excretion by fungus gnats, shore flies, and snails. Plant Disease 93: 720-726.
- Kang, S, Mansfield, M, Park, B, Geiser, D, Ivors, K, Coffey, MD, Grunwald, N. Martin, F, Levesque, CA, and Blair, JE. 2010. The promise and pitfalls of sequence based identifications of plant-pathogenic fungi and Oomycetes. Phytopathology 100: 732-737.
- Abbott, C.L, Gilmore, S.R, Lewis, CT, Chapados, JT, Peters, RD, Platt, HW, Coffey, MD, and Levesque, CA. Development of a SNP genetic marker system based on variation in microsatellite flanking regions of Phytophthora infestans. Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology. 32: 440-457.
- Bala, K., Robideau, GP, Levesque, CA, de Cock, AWAM, Abad, ZG, Lodhi, AM, Shahzad, S, Ghafar, A. and Coffey, MD. 2010. Phytopythium sindhum Lodhi, Shahzad & Levesque, sp. nov. Persoonia 24:12-13.
- Grunwald, NJ, Martin, FN, Larsen, M, Sullivan, C, Press, CM, Coffey, MD, Hansen, EM, and Parke, JL. 2011. Phytophthora-ID.org: a sequence based Phytophthora identification tool. Plant Disease 95: 337-342.
- Robideau, GP, De Cock, AW, Coffey, MD, Voglmayr, H, Brouwer, H, Bala, K, Chitty, DW, Desaulniers, N, Eggertson, QA, Gachon, CM, Hu, CH, Kupper, FC, Rintoul, TL, Sarhan, E, Verstappen, EC, Zhang, Y, Bonants, PJ, Ristaino, JB and Levesque, CA. 2011. DNA barcoding of oomycetes with cytochrome c oxidase subunit I and internal transcribed spacer. Mol Ecol Resour. 11: 1002-1011.
- Chaparro-Garcia, A, Wilkinson, RC, Gimenez-Ibanez, S, Findlay, K, and Coffey, MD, Zipfel, C, Rathjen, JP, Kamoun, S, and Schorneck, S. 2011. The receptor-like kinase SERK3/BAK1 is required for basal resistance against the late blight pathogen Phytophthora infestans in Nicotiana benthamiana. PloS ONE 6: e16608.
- Blair, JE, Coffey, MD, and Martin, FN. 2012. Species tree estimation for the late blight pathogen, Phytophthora infestans, and close relatives. PloS ONE 7(5): e37003. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0037003
- Martin, FN, and Coffey, MD. 2012. Mitochondrial haplotype analysis for differentiation of isolates of Phytophthora cinnamomi. Phytopathology 102: 229-239.
- Chen, W, Djama, ZR, Coffey, MD, Martin, FN, Bilodeau, G, Radmer, L, Denton, G, and Levesque, CA. 2013. Membrane-based oligonucleotide array developed from multiple markers for the detection of many Phytophthora species. Phytopathology 103: 43-54.
- Mammella, MA, Martin, FN, Cacciola, SO, Coffey, MD, Faedda, R, and Schena, L. 2013. Analyses of the population structure in a global collection of Phytophthora nicotianae isolates inferred from mitochondrial and nuclear DNA sequences. Phytopathology 103: 610-622.
- Park, B, Martin, F, Geiser, DM, Kim, H-S, Mansfield, MA, Nikolaeva, E, Park, S-Y, Coffey, MD, Russo, J, Kim, SH, Balci, Y, Abad, G, Burgess, T, Grunwald, NJ, Cheong, K, Choi, J, Lee, Y-H, and Kang, S. 2013. Phytophthora database 2.0: update and future direction. Phytopathology 103: 1204-1208.
- Martin, FN, Blair, JE, and Coffey, MD. 2014. A combined mitochondrial and nuclear multilocus phylogeny of the genus Phytophthora. Fungal Genetics and Biology: 66: 19-32.
- Bilodeau, GJ, Martin, FN, Coffey, MD, and Blomquist, CL. 2014. Development of a multiplex assay for genus and species-specific detection of Phytophthora based on differences in mitochondrial gene order. Phytopathology 104: 733-748.
- Miles, TD, Martin, FN, and Coffey, MD. 2015. Development of rapid isothermal amplification assays for detection of Phytophthora species in plant tissue. Phytopathology 105: 265-278.
- Miles, TD, Martin, FN, Robideau, GP, Bilodeau, GJ and Coffey, MD. 2017. Systematic development of Phytophthora species-specific mitochondrial diagnostic markers for economically important members of the genus. Plant Disease (Accepted)
- Rojas, JA, Miles, TD, Coffey, MD, Martin, FN ans Cilders, M. 2017. Development and application of qPCR and RPA genus and species-specific detection of Phytophthora sojae and Phytophthora sansomeana root rot pathogens of soybean. Plant Disease (Accepted)
- Mohammad Ziaur Rahman, Seiji Uematsu, Michael David Coffey, Shihomi Uzuhashi , Haruhisa Suga, Koji Kageyama. 2014. Re-evaluation of Japanese Phytophthora isolates based on molecular phylogenetic analyses. Mycoscience 55 (4): 314-327.